Everyone in Minnesota is collectively itching to get their spring cleaning done despite the weather. One of the biggest overlooked home maintenance tasks is checking up on your roof. We’ve talked before about ice dams and tips for preparing for summer. However, now that it’s finally warming up, here are the first few things to inspect to keep your roof in tip-top shape.
- Examine the exterior of the chimney for signs of damage. Look out for:
- Unusual white stains, indicating an excessive amount of moisture
- Cracks or spaces in between the bricks
- Bricks that have started to deteriorate
- Clean your roof properly. We do not recommend pressure washing your roof. We’ve seen this cause shingle granule loss, leading to premature failure of your roofing system. Instead, buy a shingle-safe cleaner or have one of our teams come out and take care of it for you.
- Trim overarching tree branches. As we continue to get storms throughout the warm seasons, this will prevent your gutters from clogging up, and animals making their homes in unwanted areas.
If you’re looking to sell, know you need a roof upgrade, or don’t want to think about roofs at all – give us a call. We specialize in fast, affordable, high-quality work that will last you a lifetime.