You may enjoy home projects, but we can assure you that roof repair is not a simple DIY. You may have observed your roofing company at work, and thought, “It looks so easy!” While there may be a plethora of Youtube videos and tutorials on how to fix a leaking roof or missing shingles yourself, here are some reasons you may want to reconsider and hire a professional roofing company instead.
- Roof repair is not as easy as it might seem. The professionals make it look easy because they’ve spent time honing their craft, working with the best materials, and understanding how everything works together. A poorly repaired roof will stick out, and impact the resale value of your home.
- Working with an experienced company means they know how to pair aesthetics with functionality. They know which materials will survive during our brutal Minnesota winters, and leave you every spring with a strong roof over your head.
- Many roofing companies have partnerships with material manufacturers, and we are no different. We have access to some of the best high-quality roofing materials on the market, and bring that level of quality to every project we work on. Many DIY-ers couldn’t say the same.
- If you have never fixed a roof before, you most likely won’t know what you’re looking at. While missing shingles are easy to catch, things like rotting beams and mold are much harder to identity if you’re an amateur. You will most likely end up calling in a professional anyway, when things get worse and you’re left scratching your head.
- Your Warranty
- Your current roof most likely has an existing warranty that protects you from defective materials. Roofing companies sign paperwork that states your roof can be covered by that warranty. By attempting to do the job yourself, you void that warranty, and in the case of defective items, you won’t get your money back.
- Your roof is one of the main ways your home remains protected, and whether or not it’s in good condition is a major requirement for insurance companies to continue coverage on your home. If you decide to repair or replace your roof yourself, they might pull your policy and refuse to insure you. It will be hard to find a company that will cover you in this situation.
- It’s better for your insurance and your families safety that you hire a professional. It will save you time, money and a headache in the end.
Les Jones Roofing is dedicated to installing a roof that will last. We understand your home is a major investment, and you should protect that investment with reliable service from an experienced roofing company. Whether it’s shingles, EPDM, cedar, slate, tile or metal, we’ll stand by that roof with a 10-year water-tight warranty. No one in the industry can offer a better value for the quality of work that we do. We do this so our customers feel that we truly care about the dedicated hard work we put into the final project. Get in touch to discuss your project.