Professionalism & Experience
This may be a no-brainer, but that doesn’t make it any less important. You want to choose a contractor that can correctly solve the type of problem you have, and has a track record of success in the field.
It’s also incredibly important that your contractor is certified and insured. If this information isn’t on their website, ask them during your consultation for this information. This will protect you from any accidents or issues with your roof in the future.
Lastly, be sure they operate on a basic professional level: have your scope of work and contract in writing, a clear work schedule, and expectations for a timeline. These little things will make your life much simpler over the course of the project.
Working with a roofing company established in the Twin Cities Metro is the easiest and best solution for a few reasons:
- If a problem arises in the following months, your contractor can stop by and take a look. You don’t need to hunt down your traveling contractor and hope they swing back to your area before the issue gets worse.
- You’re not constantly searching for a new contractor when something goes wrong. By working with the same company, you can develop a relationship built on good work and trust. You’ll have a go-to source for annual checkups, storm damage assessments, gutter replacements, and any other issues that may pop up.
- By choosing a local contractor, you’re giving back directly to your community. You have the opportunity to refer their work to friends and family that may have roofing needs in the future.
Go Beyond Price
While cost is certainly a consideration when having roofing work done, it shouldn’t be the only deciding factor. While you wouldn’t want to aim for the absolute lowest price, you also should consider not going for the highest bidder on the market. Pick your contractor based on fair pricing and reliability, references, experience, project type, and working style.
As roofers, we know that these projects are an investment and not everyone can pay out of pocket. A good roofing company will be able to offer you financing options that make sense for your credit and your project.
Quality Materials Are Key
Cheap roofing materials won’t last long with our Minnesota weather. Heavy rain, high winds, hail, and snow can put your roof to the test. Poorly made shingles, gutters, flashings and the like won’t hold up and your money will have gone to waste. But high-quality materials will last a lifetime, and require low maintenance.
As you inquire with roofing contractors, ask them for a rundown on the materials they use. Here are some questions you can ask:
- Where do you source your roofing materials from?
- What’s the average lifespan of the materials you use?
- What will the best materials be for my project? Why?
- What can I expect in terms of maintenance?
Minneapolis Roofing Contractor
At Les Jones, we are committed to leaving you with a healthy roof and a happy home.
Our goal is to continue making it easy for our customers to do business with us. We have great employees and our people are very proud of their work. The motto is “do it the Les Jones Roofing way” which is quality. Thank you for considering Les Jones Roofing for your roofing and sheet metal needs.Les Jones